People love to hate the guy, but somehow Tony Romo wound up with the top-selling NFL jersey from April 1, 2007, until last Friday. Now, we know that Cowboy fans bought them by the bushel and Jessica Simpson and Terrell Owens were good for a couple apiece, but we didn’t realize Romo could sell more than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. Of course, we didn’t realize Burger King slightly overcharged us for our nightly combo meals either.
Here are the rest of the top 10 jerseys. Now go make fun of every grown man you seeing wearing one.
1. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
3. Brett Favre, Green Bay Packers
4. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
5. LaDainian Tomlinson, San Diego Chargers
6. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
7. Eli Manning, New York Giants
8. Randy Moss, New England Patriots
9. Brian Urlacher, Chicago Bears
10. Troy Polamalu, Pittsburgh Steelers
The biggest shocker of the list comes in at No. 17 where Brady Quinn resides, right between the Cowboys Jason Witten and the late Sean Taylor. Derek Anderson has got to feel like crap when he looks at that.
[CNBC.com]: NFL’s Best Selling Jerseys–1 Through 20