Dana White is getting a lot of guff over his announcement that he had a shocking announcement and the subsequent announcement that the shocking announcement is being delayed. So, rumors and anger are running rampant across the blogosphere. Many think White is just a putz – right, Tito? – while others think he’s a cunning and shrewd business man. Personally, we think he’s a brilliant guy and we’re willing to wait on the big announcement because we feel certain he’ll deliver. After all, this is one of the men who helped resurrect the UFC from ridicule and disgust to the single most successful mixed martial arts promotion on the planet. So, while we wait, here’s a list of the “Top 10 Dana White Quotes” of all-time according the fellas over the TheMMAPost.com.
10. Hell, forget about college. I barely finished high school.
9. I’m a guy that did exactly what he wanted to do. When you do that the money follows.
8. Boxing is a road map of what not to do. The greedy promoters basically killed the sport by taking it off free TV.
7. If you take four street corners, and on one they are playing baseball, on another they are playing basketball and on the other, street hockey. On the fourth corner, a fight breaks out. Where does the crowd go? They all go to the fight.
6. The deal-closers are the live events. If you come to a live event, you leave that place done, you’re hooked, you’re in. It is the greatest live sporting event you will ever see.
5. You show up at a [Los Angeles] Lakers game, you’ll never meet Kobe Bryant. But when you show up to a UFC event, odds are pretty damn good that you’re not only going to meet Liddell, but he’s going to sign what you need signed and take a picture with you.
4. A lot of times, kids go to college and take a major because they do what they think they’re supposed to do. I told them I believe 90 percent of America gets up in the morning and drives to a job they hate. That could have happened to me in the hotel industry.
3. That’s one of the things when you go to a UFC event live, the energy in the place is crazy. People are there because they’re passionate about it.
2. It’s really the last nail in the coffin with the media not giving us the credibility and not looking at us as a real sport. The cover of Sports Illustrated, the talk shows – we’re there. We’ve finally arrived.
1. People don’t realise what gifted athletes these guys are. Think about how hard it is to become a professional boxer. These guys are without doubt the greatest athletes in the world.
Wait, what about “No, it’s Playboy, asshole!“?
[TheMMAPost.com]: Top 10 Dana White Quotes